Saturday, May 9, 2009

105.4

What does 105.5 mean? Well in this case it means a trip to the hospital and it also means we are horrible parents. Friday night Cade had started to run a fever. Since Reid was on an antibiotic for strep, I wanted to take him to the doctor right then. But we waited. He woke-up around 4:00 and I gave him some Motrin. In the morning (I was still asleep) Craig got all three boys ready to go to Cade's 8:30AM baseball practice. He thought Cade was feeling better. I did wake-up and go down and protest a little, because I knew it was just the Motrin. He came home from practice feeling pretty tired. I took Reid to his soccer game. Craig stayed home with everyone else. I called to say that Reid had won his game and we were on our way home and Craig told me that they were ready to go to Cade's soccer game. Once again, I protested and lost. Craig had given Cade some Motrin so he was feeling alright. Now if all of this was not bad enough..... Cade had his team soccer party after this game. I will admit at this point I did think he was feeling better. The Motrin had worn off and he was running and eating (and contaminating) with all his friends.

We got home from the party and everything was calm for a short time. Then Cade started not doing well at all. I felt him and he was on fire. I took his temperature and it was 105.4. Yes, you read right. Craig did not fight me this time. He took him to the doctor right then... the clinic actually. Cade was crying and very distraught. I had given him a dose of Motrin, they gave him some Tylenol and sent him on to the hospital.

He was diagnosed with strep. Did he have something on top of the strep? I think he did, but we will never know. I think this was the beginning of the plague this week.

No comments: