Trey and Harrison

Reid's Class Performance
It's never a good thing when you hear Trey say, "Oh No!" He had spilled his punch down the front of him right as Reid was taking my picture in the beautiful hat that Reid had made for me.
Today I had one of those moments that made me feel like this will eventually be home. I was getting ready to lay Aleah down for a nap when I heard a knocking at the door. Of course, things go nuts at this point. Tasha barking and Reid and Trey yelling. It was my neighbor a couple doors down asking me if I could watch his little boy. That may sound like the silliest thing, but it made me feel kind of emotional. They knew me well enough to watch their child.
The crazy part was that I was planning on going to Reid's Tea Party at school in honor of Mother's day. So I told Peter that we would just bring Harrison with us. It's funny, because when I had one child it would freak me out to watch somebody else's kid at the same time. Now I am willing to take a 20 month old and pack him up with my 2 youngest and go to a school event.
So everything went pretty smooth. Trey and Harrison played. We all got packed up and actually made it to school on time. Yeah! Reid's class sang some cute songs for us. Reid presented me with several gifts. A flower, and turnip plant (not really sure if that one was for Mother's Day) and a sheet all about me. Which is always fun, when your child writes about things they think about you. Cade is Reid's book buddy and the two of them actually worked on it together. So it was pretty accurate. (Even my weight... how did they get that right?)
Here are a few of the statements:
- She gets really angry when "I be mean to my little brother." True.
- My mom cooks the best "macroni and cheese." No not the box... from scratch
- This is how she makes it: "just adds a little tuna to the macoroni and cheese." True.
- My mom's favorite clothes to wear are "a pink sweatshirt over her clothes." They might be a little off on that. I am usually wearing the pink sweatshirt to cover up the fact that I still have my pajama top on when I take Cade to the bus. Well, I do wear it all the time.
We met up with Cade and I ended up driving all 5 kids home. That was the only bad time for Harrison. He seemed rather unphased, but my 3 boys fought in the back seat the whole way home.
2 comments:
I've become a designated babysitter as well. I've been babysitting Jack's cousin's baby (she's five months old). Once I added her to mix it actually sometimes seems easier having a few more kids. They all entertain each other. Gotta go with the flow, ya know?!
Oh, the post cracks me up. I'm not sure what I like more, the fact that Reid said you like to wear your pink sweatshirt or that you get mad when he be mean to his brother. So great! Keep up the posts... :) It makes me feel like you are still here.
Post a Comment