Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Bike

Today was registration for school. Normally this is a rather sad thing for me, but this year it's just time. We are still renting and it's been an extremely hot summer. Thus, we have been very confined to a small space. Craig is trying to sleep during the day, which has added to the difficulty. So I am sad that my baby boy is starting kindergarten, but it's just time for everyone to head back to school.

I had to buy each one of the boys the new school t-shirt. It has special meaning this year because their friend Lincoln Weber designed the logo. (Tammy is rather embarrassed by the whole thing, because it looks like a giant chicken nugget. And every child in the school has a folder with this design on it.) So the boys all tried on their new shirts and we headed out to check out Cade's new bike.

I should back up here, in between registration and putting on the t-shirts was the biggest event of the day. Mom, Cade, Reid, and I all went to Walmart to buy the bike. Everything was going well. Cade had picked out his bike and mom and Reid were going in to find somebody to actually unlock the bike. There was this rather awkward set up at the end of the bikes and mom fell. Not just a little fall. But a full body fall where she hit pretty much every part of her body. I can still see it in my mind, it was so scary. She was pretty shaken up and pretty beat up. Her glasses were bent up and scratched, her face all red, hands looked bad, and she said her knee really hurt. Cade and I helped her move over to the shade and then I went in to the store. Did I mention there was a heat index over 100. So on top of all the drama, we were all baking. We filled out and accident report and then we did manage to buy the bike.

Once we were home, Craig and I wanted her to go see a doctor. Of course, she wanted to give it time and see how she felt in the morning. Now since I am actually writing this story a week later, let me give you the update. She went to her Walmart and they were very nice. She got an eye exam and a new pair of glasses. She went to see an orthopedic doctor on Monday. Her had is broken and she's in a cast. They think her knee is damaged and will probably be doing an MRI.




Little Miss Thing on the Big Wheel. She won't be left out.




Cade was a little uncertain at first. He really has not had a bike since we left Michigan a year and a half ago. So he's a little rusty, but loves his new bike.



Cade and Aleah are really close right now. She actually let him get on the big wheel with her.
Who knew buying a bike would be such an event.






No comments: