Monday, May 18, 2009

The Week of the Plague

I am not sure when to say the week of the plague actually began. It is a big debate in our family who actually started it. Craig wants to blame it on me, but since I was the one of the last to actually run the high fever, I think his theory is not valid. Since I am writing this, we will go with my theory. It was either Craig or Cade. Craig was sick and then seemed to take a turn for the worse. And Cade came down sick over the weekend. (I plan on making another post about that story) Anyway, from May 9 through May 18 everyone managed to make a trip to the doctor and even one to the hospital, except for me. (there is no time for mom to go to the doctor)
It was a rough week and I truly believe that we may have been taken down by the swine flu. (there were several confirmed cases at Cade and Reid's school during this time)
As I already stated Cade and Craig were sick first. I sent Cade to school on Monday thinking he was better, but when he got off the bus he had spiked another fever and so had Reid. Cade had to miss another baseball game this night.

Reid was by far the worst. He spiked a fever 104.5. He missed school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.... truthfully I probably should have kept him home on Friday too.

Tuesday, Reid had an allergic reaction to something. (note the picture) Really not sure to what. If it was to the virus, Motrin, or the spaghettios he ate. Ahh... my little face swelling guy.

Aleah ran a fever Tuesday night. I was ready to take her to the hospital if her fever went over 103. Thankfully, it stayed in the 103 range through the night. It was rough, she screamed and screamed. Craig had taken some medicine to knock himself out. Thanks, Daddy. So I was on my own and I was starting to feel not so great. She was doing better on Wednesday. I took her and Reid to the doctor. The did blood work and a chest x-ray on Reid. To make sure his strep virus was not raging someplace else in his little body and make sure no signs of pneumonia.

On Thursday, I officially dropped.

Friday, Trey dropped. Praise God... he was able to finish his last week of preschool. He loves preschool so much it would have been sad if he had to miss his last few days. Took him to the doctor on Monday.

Everyone recovered. It took me forever to get over the cough.

1 comment:

Emma Hamstra said...

Oh goodness! What's going on??