I hate to share this story, because it's so bad. But I need to share this story, because it's so bad.
We got a lot of snow and the kids got sent home from school early. Trey's preschool was cancelled. So in my head we were going to have a couple of extra hours to go out and play in the snow. Fun, right?
I sent the boys out to shovel a little first. Then they headed to the back yard to play. Reid came in and told me that they were going to use the shovels to build a fort. I did not like the idea, but after cautioning him to be careful and not hit anyone with it, I agreed. I had to do a couple things and then Aleah and I headed to the basement. I thought I could watch them and Aleah could play. It had been less than 5 minutes since I spoke to Reid. By the time I walked down the steps I could hear Cade screaming. Not crying, but screaming. It took me a minute to find out what had happened. Cade couldn't really talk, Trey was crying that Reid hurt Cade, and Reid was already trying to defend himself. The basic story is the Reid swung the shovel and hit Cade in the neck. I of course handled the situation in a calm Christian way. Did you believe that last part? Well, I was yelling at Reid and just praying that Cade's neck was alright. I made Reid sit in the basement by himself while I went up and assessed Cade. He seemed alright, so I went back down and told Reid to go out and shovel the driveway by him.
That is the end to my Ugly story.
No comments:
Post a Comment