Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Big "40"

Craig had quite the birthday weekend. Which I think was good, it distracted from the fact that he turned 40. (He was NOT happy about that fact.)

It really started a few months back when my friend, Lori sent me a schedule for scrapbooking events. There were two that we both thought we could make. One was in December, did not work out, and the other one was on Craig's birthday. Now Craig likes to make everyone feel sorry for him, but when I first mentioned the crop to him he reassured me that he did not care at all if I went. So Lori and I planned on going to the crop, paid the money, and the rest is history.


Now I was excited to go to the crop, no denying it. I have been a bit of a hermit over the past year. I don't have a lot of friends and it's been hard to get away from Aleah, since she never took a bottle past 2 months. So I put time into ordering pictures and organizing them.



Trey was very excited too. I was finally going to start his baby album. Poor child, he's 5. And as Reid so eloquently pointed out to me, "you mean Trey does not have any albums." Putting salt into my already guilt ridden conscience. So Trey wanted to come with me and did not understand why he could not go.


So come Saturday morning, I was up and showered and heading out the door on Craig's 40th Birthday. I called back home on the way there, to point out that it was the gloomiest day in the history of the world. I thought the earth was mourning with Craig. Craig liked that, I might add. (it was the gloomiest day in the history of the world too). I got to the church and unloaded my stuff and set up. Let the festivities begin!!!


Yes, sadly I was this excited to get away.


Now I called home sometime a little after lunch to check on Craig. He was in a good mood, giving me a rough time. He told me he was cleaning, because somebody had to since I was off playing on his birthday.


I called back home a little later, probably around 3:00. He seemed very stressed. His mom and dad was there and they had Jaxon and Elijah with them. Melinda had went to the hospital and nobody was sure what was going on. But Craig did not seem happy. I offered to come home, he said no no.


I called back home just a little bit later, probably around 4:30. Craig was in a good mood. Jaxon and Elijah were still there. Melinda was having the baby. His parents had to go home to get medicine. And Jaxon and Elijah were staying with us. Now by this point I was going nuts with laughter. I told him then that I would come home early. He was in a good mood at this point and told me to take my time. I ended up staying for the meal before I came home.


I got home around 7:30. Craig was trying to get kids ready for bed and was NO LONGER IN A GOOD MOOD. He likes to tell everyone how I walked in and started yelling. Not exactly true, but it is my role to regain order once Craig has whipped all the kids up into a frenzy. I realize now that should have been in our vows. I ended up separating kids, mainly because I did not want to send Jaxon and Elijah home so overtired. I still ended up using my mean mom voice telling the two of them to go to sleep. But it was not until after 9:00.


So that is how we spent Craig's 40th birthday.


We did have a quick piece of cake and ice cream with his parents the next day, before we went to the hospital to see Baby Blaiz.

No comments: