Mornings around here can be a bit of a blurrrr, and I have been pretty sick and tired for the past two weeks. (you see I am building up an excuse for the events of this story)
Yesterday morning BOTH Cade and Reid informed me that they needed to take pop cans to school. The school was having a contest, the class that brought in the most got to have a pizza party and if you brought one can in you got to wear pj's on Friday. So I told them both if they got ready in time, we could go out to the garage and get some pop cans. They both got ready, but only Reid and Trey ended up in the cold garage helping me put some pop cans in a sack for each of them. I saved a few for Trey to take to preschool, his preschool collects them as a fundraiser. Cade and Reid were both happy and headed off to school.
End of the day....Cade and Reid walk in after school and both inform me that they don't need pop cans, they need food cans with actual food in it. Evidentally, their teacher felt the need to not only tell them they needed cans and food.... but they needed to point out that there needed to be food in the cans.
Yes.... I sent empty pop cans in to school to help feed the hungry. What do these teachers think of me?
No comments:
Post a Comment