Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's

We had Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa the weekend before Christmas. Don and Vicki flew in Friday and then we drove up Saturday. It was a beautiful weekend with snow, but it was not too cold. Perfect to be opening gifts and celebrating Jesus' Birthday.

Aleah is checking out the loot, ready to eat and open gifts.

 

Trey and Grandma are working on the giant pan of mashed potatoes. Yummy!!

 

Daddy and Reid are getting the turkey ready.

 

Aleah is really catching on to this gift thing.

 

Now she's getting a little carried away. She was laying on top of the gift and ripping the paper off. What technique.

 

Uncle Don passing out gifts.
Posted by Picasa

 

What was your mother thinking? Saying it was a good idea to get you nerf guns. You'll shoot your eye out. Isn't that how the line goes?

 
Posted by Picasa

One of Uncle Don's favorite stories from the weekend involves Tasha. Here's how the story goes. We had just arrived. Let's be honest, it's just chaos when we arrive. Unloading the kids and then unloading the bags and unloading Tasha. Well, Craig always gets Tasha out and takes her to go potty. (Do you have an idea where this is going?) The kids and I were in the NEW family room bouncing off the walls and talking to everyone. Tasha came in and was prancing around. It's my fault... I admit it. I was just ignoring her, because she had just came in I thought she had just went. I was WRONG. She proceeds to poop in the middle of the room. Craig came quickly and ran her outside to finish her business. Mom is picking it up and spraying lysol. But Cade is famous for coming up with some of Don's favorite lines. Reid was right next to the poop. And Cade says, "Reid, that's probably bad luck." So for the rest of the weekend Uncle Don was quoting, "That's probably bad luck."

A few years back, when Cade and Reid were both into Dora the Explorer. Uncle Don became Swiper. He would sneak their toys away, hide and scare them, and just cause craziness. So now whenever the boys are with Don they expect him to play Swiper with them. So Saturday night we had a good hour of Don hiding and scaring the kids and everyone running around SCREAMING. I think Grandpa especially enjoyed this game, I am being sarcastic. But the kids were so happy and it was one of their favorite parts of the weekend. It was one of mine too.

No comments: