After a very rough year, 2009 had to go out with a bang. It just wouldn't have made sense any other way.
We had just pulled in the driveway, after being at my parents' house for a few days for my Grandma's funeral. The kids were still loaded in the car, but I jumped out to get the mail. I looked up at our front door and saw something hanging from it. When I got close I could see it was some big packet of papers. WHAT??? As I started to glance through them, I quickly realized what they were. The owners of our rental are being foreclosed on and we are named in the process. This is not good. I could quickly feel the tears swelling up, but you know I am a mom. I pushed them back, because I don't want the kids to worry. Craig and I looked through the packet of papers in disbelief.
Sidenote.... not total disbelief. A couple weeks earlier I had received a notice that there would be an appraiser coming through to inspect our duplex. I had red flags go up then. Not because of an inspection, but an actual appraiser. hmmm. So I immediately called the office and point blank asked them. ARE YOU FILING BANKRUPTCY?
They immediately said no. Maybe I should have asked are you making your payments?
We moved on, rather shaken. But Craig's entire family was waiting for us over at Tim and Melinda's. So we packed the kids back up and headed out the door.
Isn't 2010 going to be a little easier?
1 comment:
If you're thinking of buying, Jack's brother moved out of Lafayette and has any empty house for sale..... Let me know :)
Post a Comment