Friday, February 12, 2010

Monkey Joe's

After 10 days of anticipation, Monkey Joe's was finally here. Colin, a little boy from preschool, was having his 5th birthday party at Monkey Joe's. So every day since he got the invitation, Trey has done a countdown. He was getting pretty good at it. In the mornings he would announce, "4 more days till Monkey Joe's". So the day was finally here.


Trey has been getting pretty tired in the afternoon's and today when we started to get ready to leave, he started to cry about his socks. oh, no this could be rough. We finished getting ready and went to pick-up Cade and Reid. We made it to Monkey Joe's just in time for the food. Everyone was sitting down ready to eat. I told Cade and Reid to get out their DS's and I got Aleah her cup of milk and a cereal bar. I was just relaxing and talking to Brady's mom next to me. All of a sudden I heard Trey SCREAMING.... Not just crying, but SCREAMING!!! Monkey Joe had walked in the door and he was terrified. He made it to me and was just shaking. Monkey Joe was trying to go around to all of the kids and Trey was still crying and screaming. The girl that was serving our party tried to get in between Monkey Joe and Trey to protect Trey and block his view. I appreciated her attempt, but it did not help. Monkey Joe left and Trey bounced right back. I have to admit, I was impressed that he just went back and joined back in. I wish it did not happen, but he was a trooper.


Pizza, orange pop, and then ice cream cake. This is the girl that tried to help Trey.




Brady's mom, no I can't think of her name, had the boys playing the quiet game at one point. Brady and Nathan are big talkers, so she was really trying to keep them under control. Trey is always quiet when he is with his friends from preschool. Anyway, she gave the three of them a quarter for being quiet. And after the food they went out and each played a game.

Then it was time for the main event. Running, jumping, sliding.... going crazy. It's was great. Trey was in heaven. Usually, he is kind of the third wheel with Nathan and Brady. They both like him and play with him. But they are both very verbal. But when it came to this, it was Trey and Nathan, and then sometimes Brady came with them. Nathan and Trey were holding on to each other as they came down slides. Trey was pushing Nathan up onto them (he's shorter than Trey). And then at one point Trey, Nathan, and Brady all came down a slide holding hands. I wish I would have got some good pictures, but I was pretty busy wrestling Aleah. Craig had came about half-way through the party and took Cade and Reid home. Trey did have one more crying episode. Some grown-up guy was running around, I am not sure if he said something to Trey or I will say he was just scary, anyway he made Trey cry. It was very sweet though, Nathan came running to get Trey. He took his hand and just wiped Trey's face to wipe off the tears and then the two of them took off. It was so cute.

Everyone from the party left except Trey and Nathan. Meredith and I both agreed we were going to stay a little bit later and just let them run. Trey was in melt down when we left, but he had so much FUN!





No comments: